How to Fight COVID with Superfoods and Supplements
People's attitudes toward health have changed dramatically as a result of the latest pandemic. They are no longer able to rely on pills and other methods as reactionary aftercare. They want to improve their immune systems as a preventative measure to fight against the virus.
It's time for us to take control of our own wellbeing and that of our families!
A healthy immune system is essential for a person's overall health. Many illnesses and diseases are caused by a lack of immunity. One of the primary reasons for low immunity is poor nutrition, and incorporating certain foods may help improve immunity.
1) Amla: Amla has been used as a home remedy for improving immunity to infections for centuries. It contains a lot of vitamin C, which aids in the production of white blood cells (WBC), which help the body combat infections and diseases. It's also an excellent antioxidant.
2) Guava: One of the most nutritious fruits, guavas are rich in vitamin C. It contains four times the vitamin C found in oranges. Vitamin C strengthens the immune system and protects you against diseases and pathogens. Quercetin, lycopene, vitamin C, and other polyphones are powerful antioxidants that protect against disease by neutralising free radicals created by the body.
3) Turmeric: Turmeric contains the active ingredient curcumin, which has anti-inflammatory properties and helps to improve our immunity. Curcumin inhibits a number of inflammatory molecules involved in virus-induced damage. It also has antiviral properties because it slows the virus's replication. Curcumin reduces viral load as a result.
4) Garlic: Garlic contains allicin, an active compound that has antiviral, antifungal, and antibacterial properties. It boosts WBC's disease-fighting response, which strengthens the immune system.
5) Black Pepper: An antibacterial and antioxidant agent, black pepper contains vitamin C, which increases immunity naturally and also works as an antibiotic. Pepper has been shown to produce more T-killer cells in the human body.
Supplements also play an important role in improving immunity. Supplements such as zinc, vitamin C, vitamin D, and glutamine can aid in the fight against the virus. The supplement's timing and dosage are important, and it can only be taken with the guidance of a nutritionist or a doctor. We understand that at such a time, you might have many nutrition queries that you want to ask us so that you can take care of yourself and your family.
Keeping this in mind, the team of expert nutritionists at QUA Nutrition will be present online to answer your questions till May 15th. Post your questions on Evolut Instagram or Facebook handles and our experts will answer them right away. To know more about Qua Nutrition please click https://quanutrition.com